Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm getting married in the morning...

Ding, Dong the bells are gonna chime
Boys come and kiss me
Show how ya'll miss me
But get me to the church on time!

Eleven days from right this very moment I'll be getting married. As I told someone just a few days ago who asked if I was sure: YES, I'm sure! The first marriage was just my practice husband so I could learn what NOT to do! She though that was the perfect way to describe her first marriage too, practice.
I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to do my name. Should I hyphenate it, take his, keep both without a hyphen? It makes for a long name: Bobowski-Powell, but it has a certain ring to it. I have made some career and personal gains under the name Bobowski and I don't want to lose any credibility I've gained. But I'm not sure if I could legally keep the name Bobowski-Powell but only sign Powell? ANY help from anyone out there would be appreciated. Just leave it in the comments, please.
Unfortunately, we did not find the wedding rings. It would appear that our previous land-lady (or her son) did not give us all our boxes out of storage because we could tell other things were missing. So we've opted to purchase inexpensive rings, under $50 each, and promised ourselves that next year for our anniversary we'll get rings we really want.
More to come later.

No comments: